America’s workplace has been and continues to be dominated by men especially in the area of leadership. Women are significantly underrepresented in both the board rooms and the c-suites. However, there are Women who have overcome barriers to climb to the top. The National Diversity Council seeks to recognize and honor these women who have not only achieved personal success but have made it possible for others to more easily follow in their footsteps.
Criteria for Recognition
- Demonstrates leadership excellence
- Maintains a record of accomplishments in areas of expertise
- Bears a record of a steady increase in responsibility within their career
- Exhibits positive influence on those underneath her leadership
- Displays integrity and portrays highest ethical standard among colleagues and individuals
- Holds a senior executive position (i.e., VP, SVP, EVP, C-Suite) within her organization